Dayvolt’s Standard Home Inspection:
I will inspect the structure, systems and components of the home inside and out, from the foundation to the roof, using the latest tools and technology.
As a dedicated Home Inspector, I do encourage you to attend your home inspection so I can explain my process, go over my findings and answer any questions you may have.
I adhere to the InterNACHI comprehensive residential standards of practice. I will inspect all of the following, when visible and accessible:
- the roof-covering materials;
- the gutters;
- the downspouts;
- the vents, flashing, skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
- the general structure of the roof from the readily accessible panels, doors or stairs
- the exterior wall-covering materials, flashing and trim;
- all exterior doors;
- adjacent walkways and driveways;
- stairs, steps, stoops, stairways and ramps;
- porches, patios, decks, balconies and carports;
- railings, guards and handrails;
- the eaves, soffits and fascia;
- a representative number of windows; and
- vegetation, surface drainage, retaining walls and grading of the property, where they may adversely affect the structure due to moisture intrusion.
Basement, Foundation, Crawlspace & Structure:
- the foundation;
- the basement;
- the crawlspace; and
- structural components.
Heating & Cooling:
- the heating system, using normal operating controls.
- the cooling system, using normal operating controls.
- the main water supply shut-off valve;
- the main fuel supply shut-off valve;
- the water heating equipment, including the energy source, venting connections, temperature/pressure-relief (TPR) valves, Watts 210 valves, and seismic bracing;
- interior water supply, including all fixtures and faucets, by running the water;
- all toilets for proper operation by flushing;
- all sinks, tubs and showers for functional drainage;
- the drain, waste and vent system; and
- drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- the service drop;
- the overhead service conductors and attachment point;
- the service head, gooseneck and drip loops;
- the service mast, service conduit and raceway;
- the electric meter and base;
- service-entrance conductors;
- the main service disconnect;
- panelboards and over-current protection devices (circuit breakers and fuses);
- service grounding and bonding;
- a representative number of switches, lighting fixtures and receptacles, including receptacles observed and deemed to be arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI)-protected using the AFCI test button, where possible;
- all ground-fault circuit interrupter receptacles and circuit breakers observed and deemed to be GFCIs using a GFCI tester, where possible; and
- smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors.
- readily accessible and visible portions of the fireplaces and chimneys;
- lintels above the fireplace openings;
- damper doors by opening and closing them, if readily accessible and manually operable; and
- cleanout doors and frames.
Attic, Insulation & Ventilation:
- insulation in unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas;
- ventilation of unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas; and
- mechanical exhaust systems in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry area.
Doors, Windows & Interior:
- a representative number of doors and windows by opening and closing them;
- floors, walls and ceilings;
- stairs, steps, landings, stairways and ramps;
- railings, guards and handrails; and
- garage vehicle doors and the operation of garage vehicle door openers, using normal operating controls.
I will perform a pest inspection on the property looking for signs or indications of wood destroying organisms. Upon completion of the inspection, you will receive a report of the pest inspection that outlines the findings from the inspection.
I will perform a radon inspection of the home/building to measure the radon level in the air by the use of an approved short-term charcoal collection device, will require a minimum of 48 hours but may take longer. I will deliver the testing device to a recognized laboratory and, upon availability of these independent results, provide client with a written radon inspection report identifying the results of such analysis.